Wednesday 18 July 2012

First Week on the Wards


So I just completed my first week on the wards. I did a lot of trach care and vent monitoring. Learned quite a few new techniques as every RT has their own methods and way of doing things that works for them. Had some exposure to Bipap and high flow devices. A few codes were also called this week.I also got my first blood gas puncture this week. Although it was a femoral and not a radial but at least I got it first try. The RT's here tend to help one another as per the workload. If anyone needs help, the others help out. This week went well. Learned what the set up was like to administer mucomyst via nebulizer on a trach patient. Also went on an external transportin an ambulance with a patient. Getting more exposure and experience. Got to see the different types of tubes and got more exposure to trach care.

No comments:

Post a Comment